Save Money and Energy: Arrange a Solar Consultation
California is the leading state in the US for solar power.
With its wonderful climate and many sunny days, why not harness a clean, natural source of renewable energy?
Old fashioned methods of generating energy are polluting our atmosphere with carbon emissions, which contribute to global warming.
Whether you want to save on your energy bill or join the green revolution to improve our environment, it makes sense to install solar panels to generate electricity from the sun, our planet’s largest renewable energy source.
Solar Consultation for Your Home or Office
Call on contractors with a proven record in installing and maintaining solar systems to give you a consultation about the benefits of solar power for your home or office. A professional consultation will give you a thorough understanding of solar power generation and its benefits:
- The first step is to conduct a feasibility study for your property. This will include inspecting the premises to assess the safety and practicality of an installation.
- You can harness the contractors’ knowledge and expertise of solar system design to determine where to place panels to maximize their effectiveness. They will also tell you how many panels you should install to meet your needs.
- Contractors with expertise in home design and construction can also assess the roof’s condition and make any repairs or amendments necessary. Very often solar power consultants don’t have the same expertise in roof construction. It is much more cost effective to deal with only one contractor who has the necessary experience in both of these areas.
- Design and construction contractors can also troubleshoot and repair existing solar installations. They will be able to check the efficiency of your system and repair or replace solar panels where necessary.
- The contractors will test your solar panels thoroughly to ensure they are working effectively.
- You can get advice about the latest innovations and developments in solar energy.
Tax Rebates and Incentive Programs for Solar Power Systems
In 2009, the government instituted a federal tax rebate of 30% on the cost of solar systems to encourage people to switch to renewable energy.
On top of this, utility companies offer incentives as well.
Utility costs tend to increase every year. Installing a solar power system is a great way to protect yourself from unpredictable rate hikes.
Solar power incentives in California include:
- The California Solar Initiative (CSI) rebate on installations
- Net metering, whereby your utility company will reimburse you for the amount of energy fed back into the power grid that you don’t use from your solar system
- Feed-in tariffs, which are a way to encourage expanded investment in renewable energy, by allowing homeowners, businesses and developers the chance to sell energy to the utilities.
Incentive programs vary from one utility company to the next. Your consultant will be able to advise you of how you can lock in low, predictable rates from a utility company and also project your energy savings for many years to come.
“Romney Tripp started construction in 1977 and formed RWT Design & Construction in 1992, eventually setting up the shop in Burbank. From the mid 1980’s Romney has been working on building recording studios as well as…” Read more.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to RWT Design & Construction.