Burbank Design-Build Team
What is Design-Build?
Design-build is a method of project delivery in which one group – the design-build team – works under a single contract with the project owner to provide design and construction services.One entity, one contract, one unified flow of work from the first concept through completion, Design-build is also know as design/construct and single-source responsibility.
Design-build is an alternative to Design-BID-build. Under the latter approach. design and construction are split – separate entities, separate contracts, separate work and most often more work, time and money.
Design-build, design-bid-build and construction management are the three project delivery systems most commonly used in North America. Over the past 15 years, use of design-build has greatly increased in the United States, making this delivery method one of the most significant trends in design and construction today.
One Contract, One Integrated Team
Design-build streamlines project delivery though a single contract between the owner and the design-build team. This simple but basic difference saves a significant amount of money and time by transforming the relationship between designers and builders into an alliance which fosters collaboration and teamwork.
- Faster Delivery – collaborative project management means work is completed faster with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings – an integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality – design-builders meet performance needs, not minimum deign requirements. often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- Singular Responsibility – one entity is held accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden – owners can focus on the project rather than managing separate contracts.
- Reduced Risk – the design-build team assumes additional risk because there are no other parties involved